oikos Summer School 2016 will take an in-depth look at the kind of management education we need for a better world. The world faces its biggest ever challenges: climate change, war, mass migration, growing concentration of wealth and power.
- What kind of leaders do we need to tackle these challenges?
- How should they be different from past leaders?
- How do we change education so that it produces leaders who do what’s best for the world?
Over the course of the Summer School you will have the opportunity to explore your own leadership skills, look at how you want to develop them and how you want to make a difference in the world. You will also work collaboratively with others to design and rehearse new and innovative approaches to management education - changes that can be implemented in your university.
By the end of the Summer School you will have:
- Explored innovative approaches to leadership for a better world
- Reflected on your own leadership skills and attributes
- Had practical experience of working collaboratively with others - and reflected on your own team-working skills
- Designed and delivered a “Whole Person” learning session on a topic that’s important to you
- Looked at what you can do in your own institution to introduce more innovative learning approaches.