Have you ever wondered what the oikos International work is all about?
Do you want to be a part of a diverse team at the international level?
And, above all, do you want to be the change?
Apply to become our volunteer responsible for oiCase Database Coordination
What is the oiCases Initiative?
oiCases is an initiative that connects the heritage of our case study competition (run for over 20 years) with our future-oriented work in the chapters and the stories that students write on the ground. In one direction, the old cases invite users to study sustainable development in real time, in the other, we will rewrite the meaning of cases within oikos & the world of business education by establishing a practice of collective storytelling. The program includes an automated case database with teaching and learning notes, storytelling workshops and trainings for our students and explicit display and dissemination of our Transforming Education cases. This role focuses on the database.
What are the responsibilities of the oiCase Database Coordinator & what is the estimated time commitment?
The purpose of the role is to take a lead in feeding, framing, improving, maintaining the oikos case database so that it is an accessible and clear heritage that can inform studies of sustainable development. As a volunteer, you would help prepare the existing cases as a helpful tool for oikos chapters to start dialogues with faculty and make sure that our old cases can be a bridge & attractor for faculty that come across oikos.
The time commitment is flexible, with an estimation of 3-5h/week on a self-paced, virtual basis. The volunteer will start mid November and the position will be focused on the project, closing at the end of Spring 2022.
Tasks can include, but are not limited to
- Feeding the oikos case database with oikos case studies (upload, tagging, summaries)
- Optimizing the web-presence & communication strategy within the case program, together with our communication and IT team
- Collaboratively creating teaching- & learning-notes for the cases
- Creating a maintenance process
- Answering comments & emails
What will you get from joining the team?
- Become part of a network of student change agents & alumni, all working for a more just & sustainable tomorrow
- Work with purpose in a multicultural, dynamic, international team that puts a high value on walking the talk and innovating ways of working
- Learn about the day-to-day working of an international organization and gain insights into the global opportunities and challenges of international NGOs
- Gain experience in working remotely in a virtual office
- Connect to an extensive network of various NGOs
Who are our volunteers?
Volunteers are autonomous members of the International team, trusted with particular projects in a certain area. They become part of our teams and take real responsibility in making oikos work.
Are you interested in joining our Crew? Contact us via email or directly apply here!Apply Now