Call for the oikos President 2020-2022
Are you ready to rise to the challenge of charting the growth trajectory of a student driven organisation manifesting a presence in 23 countries? Does the prospect of working in Switzerland for two years while developing a multitude of skills ranging from leadership to project management excite you? If yes, then apply today to become the next President of the oikos International! Elections will take place during the oikos Spring Meeting in Baku in April
Application Term: The application term is closed
Duration of presidency: October 2020- December 2022 (2 years full-time job in St.Gallen,Switzerland)
- Strategizing matters that are of key importance to the oikos network such as planning of the budget and communication strategy, etc.;
- Developing and implementing methods and programs to guide and map the activities, impact and development of the oikos community around the world;
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders towards fostering financial and non-financial partnerships and collaborations
- Being in the advisory board of several organizations
- Administrating the oikos network
- Representing the network at various international conferences, seminars, etc.;
- Overseeing and advising international oikos international projects and programs, like Spring Meeting, FutureLab, Curriculum Change Initiative or the LEAP Program. Playing the role of a strategic advisor to the organizing teams of projects with an international scope: Spring Meeting and the Future Lab
- Coordinating the formation and managing of the oikos Board and the Management Team.
You will be actively supported by oikos’ Management Team and the oikos Board whilst fulfilling these responsibilities.
What you can learn during your time as president:
- Develop a holistic leadership skill set that will go with you long beyond your time with oikos;
- Work in a virtual and ‘’physical’’, multi-cultural environment with a dynamic international team’;
- Adapt and be at ease in evolving in a complex environment;
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the pertinent global trends in the field of sustainability;
- Liaise and collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders working in the field of sustainability;Travel and develop networks in academia and business.
Please note that since you are a full time employee of oikos, you will be paid a salary and your official travel expenses will be covered by the organization.
Needed qualifications and characteristics:
- A passion for sustainability with an understanding and appreciation of oikos’ Vision, Mission and Activity statements;
- an understanding of oikos’ organizational setup;
- Fluency in English in speaking and writing is mandatory, a basic knowledge of German is a plus;
- A willingness to learn new soft and hard skills (management skills, software packages such as Salesforce, website content management, etc.);
- Exceptional communication skills and an ability to collaborate with people of different backgrounds and cultures;
- Experience with project management with an eye for detail.
How to apply?
- Your CV (max 2 pages);
- A motivation letter (max 2 pages);
- A reference letter (past employer, professors or teacher );
- A brief introduction (of about 150 words) and picture to be uploaded on the website;
- Your vision and action plan for oikos (max 2 pages);
- A video up to 3 minutes detailing your candidature (optional).
Please submit your application under the following link: https://forms.gle/CRWDB7fr6AmiG2Ei7
On 12/02/2020 at 6:30pm we will host an information call. If you do not have time, you can also join during our community hours on 04/02/2020 from 5-7pm CET and ask us all your questions. Remaining questions can be asked during the upcoming oikos community hours on Tuesday March 3rd, along with a Q&A call (the last one before the deadline) on March 11th at 6.30pm CET.
If you would like to read the experience past Presidents have made please have a look at the testimonials
If you have further questions please do not hesitate to contact Luisa (email@example.com)