Apply for becoming a Vice President in the oikos International Board 2021!
We are seeking strategic-minded individuals who are passionate about changing the world.
You are looking to enhance and develop your skills and practice your leadership in a truly global context while learning the ins and outs of international non-profit governance?
Then this is for you: apply as a Vice President and Board member of oikos International!
Opportunities and Benefits
- Engage in cross-cultural sustainability projects with a truly international scope and impact;
- Guide the direction of the organization and see your vision come to fruition;
- Enhance your networks and connections with students, faculty and sustainability professionals from all over the world;
- Develop a variety of skills that surely will last beyond your time as a Vice President (eg. leadership, strategy and communication skills by working towards the development of chapters and oikos members around the world)
- Work with a high performing and multicultural team in an innovative and open-minded environment
- Current Bachelor, Master or PhD students or recent graduates
- A commitment to, and a clear understanding of the purpose, mission and vision of oikos;
- A minimum of one academic term (4 months) of experience at oikos at any level;
- B2/C1 Level in written and spoken english;
- Availability for an one-year commitment to oikos, including the handover process until the end of 2021;
- Will and availability to dedicate approximately 10 hours per week (40 hours a month) to oikos. In view of this, we request candidates who are planning to go on exchange, graduate or take up a full-time job within the term of their office to carefully consider if you would be able to fulfill a sustained commitment to oikos and to state possible restrictions in the application;
- Be available for weekly and monthly calls, annual international meetings and strategy meetings.
The oikos International Board represents, governs and manages oikos International and its affairs. Representing the oikos membership, the board is given the authority and responsibility for inspiring and empowering the community to move towards our common purpose, mission and vision and for demonstrating its core values. Next to this, expanding the organization’s resilience, and exploring systematic linkage with other organizations engaged in the pursuit of similar objectives are topics that move the board as a whole. Each member of the Board is needed as a proactive and cocreative participant in a body that functions effectively as a whole.
Principal Duties: As a board member, you will..
- Empower and inspire the community through practicing leadership and exploring strategic directions for the organization
- Pursue a certain thematic role and be accountable to the community for competent, conscientious, and effective accomplishment of this mandate
- Develop and oversee the implementation execution of everything related to your mandate
- Ensure that adequate systems and processes are in place for assessing the impact of our organization and reporting them to the community and partners
- Be in charge of convening and stewarding a team and the necessary financial resources This includes establishing the necessary working groups and working together on the tasks at hand..
At the beginning of the term, the newly elected board will come together to agree on the ways of working and the official roles and responsibilities of each board member in an onsite meeting. Based on these conversations, which aim at cocreating domains that underline our strengths while covering all fields of responsibilities, you will have the opportunity to set the priorities and concrete goals of your role within the whole Board and make them happen within your mandate.
Current Roles in the oikos International Board
[toggle title=”International Vice President Finance and Fundraising”]Provide strategic direction in financial management, fundraising, and internal controls; provide oversight of the audit and budgeting processes; reporting key performance indicators under their jurisdiction; and managing working group(s) under their authority.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”International Vice President Strategy & Programing”]Consult frequently with the President and oikos International staff in order to remove barriers for project teams; facilitate communications between project teams and the working groups in order to ensure information, expectations, and needs are flowing in both directions; report on key performance indicators under their authority; and manage working group(s) under their authority.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”International Vice President Marketing”]Provide strategic direction in marketing including oikos International’s website, social media accounts, newsletters, print media, and other marketing channels; report key performance indicators under their jurisdiction; and manage working group(s) under their authority.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”International Vice President Alumni”]Provide strategic direction in Alumni management and engagement; report key performance indicators under their jurisdiction; and manage working group(s) under their authority.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”International Vice President Information Technology”]Provide strategic direction on the use and optimization of online administrative tools, data management policies & processes, and privacy & security threats & opportunities; report key performance indicators under their jurisdiction; and manage working group(s) under their authority.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”International Vice President Chapter Development”]Consult frequently with the President and regional facilitators in order to ensure organizational alignment; act as a communication channel for chapters to communicate their needs and escalate any grievances to the Board; report key performance indicators under their jurisdiction; and manage working group(s) under their authority.[/toggle]
[toggle title=”International Vice President Organizational Development”]Provide strategic direction in staff and volunteer management, set up team structures; revise the meeting culture, onboarding/offboarding of new board members and updating the decision making process. Make the organization sustainable also in its core.[/toggle]
Additionally, all Vice Presidents get to develop their strategy and communication skills by working towards development of chapters.
These fields might give you some orientation for your application – but might be restructured based on the needs of the new team.
Application Process Board 2021
HOW TO APPLY: 5 simple steps for your application
If you are interested in applying, please send an application with the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline extended until the 13th of November 2020 0:00am.
- Your curriculum vitae (max. 2 pages);
- A motivational letter stating why you wish to apply, how you want to make a difference, the skills and experiences you will bring to oikos, the roles you are interested in and a brief summary of your time availability over the next one year (max. 2 pages);
- Your vision for the roles you would like to fulfill in the board of oikos International (max 2 pages)
- A short 100-word biography and a picture to be put on the oikos website.
- A 5-minute video to introduce your candidature during the legislative meeting in November
All documents will be published on the website and deleted after the election process.
All applicants have to attend the virtual legislative meeting on 29.11.2020 via zoom in order to be able to defend their application and run for election. Applicants will be given 5 minutes to present their candidature in a recorded video.
The election of the Vice Presidents is a democratic process involving all chapters holding the status of a full membership.
In case of any questions, please contact us at email@example.com