We are looking for an independent, flexible, and resourceful oikos member who is eager to get international experience and has time to volunteer and assist the oikos International President in day-to-day tasks to ensure the smooth running of the organization.
Responsibilities include management of the following:
- Information: Reviewing, prioritizing and distributing email inquiries; forward emails to other responsible people in the team, draft and circulate new emails.
- Meetings and Calendars: Help with meeting preparations and follow up such as creating agendas, updating project materials with attention to detail and accuracy; calendar coordination; track messages on Podio and elsewhere and follow up.
- Communication: Maintain the oikos International President’s social media accounts and keep it up to date.
- Operations: ad hoc tasks as required, including but not limited to organizing invoices, booking tickets, researching information, coordinating with other team members.
- Time Commitment: availability for 10 hours per week for at least one semester (6 months), ideally for a whole academic year (9-12 months).
- Enrollment at Bachelor or Master level of studies
- Good command of the English language
- Good command of Office Suite and familiarity with G-drive.
- Interest and commitment to the oikos vision and mission
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to anticipate needs, solve problems in a collaborative environment and sensitivity to deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Ability to protect confidential and sensitive information of the organization
- Independent, flexible, and resourceful
Learnings and advantages
- Learning about the day-to-day working of an international organization
- Insights about the global opportunities and challenges of international NGOs
- Working in a multicultural, international team
- Gaining experience in working remotely in a virtual office
- Reimbursement of travel and participation at international oikos events, such as FutureLab and Spring Meeting.
If you are interested in the position please, send us your CV (max. 2 pages) and a brief motivation letter by March 1st 2020. The letter should outline why you want to take up the position and what makes you a suitable candidate. Please, email the required documents to with a subject line “Assistant to the oikos International President”. For any further questions, reach out to us via email. Please, note that the position is unpaid.