Application Deadline: 31st of August 2020 (however, we will move forward in the process with the first relevant application)
Starting Date: 9th of September 2020
Commitment: around 10h/week from September to December 2020 (possible prolongation)
Location: Remote, or onsite in Geneva or in St. Gallen, Switzerland
We are looking for an independent, flexible and resourceful person who is eager to get international experience working virtually, by helping to ensure the organization and running of the oikos International – swissnex Brazil flagship event 2020: NexGenLead.
The NexGenLead is a 3-week global virtual program in November 2020 aiming to facilitate a worldwide virtual community of students to dialogue on Leadership & Sustainability. You can find here a detailed project proposal.
If you are interested in one of the following volunteer positions, send us your CV (max. 2 pages) and an example of a work you’ve done related to the position or/and any material presenting your motivation. Please, email the required documents to email@example.com with a subject line “Application for NexGenLead volunteer position X”.
The candidates selected for an online interview will be contacted at the latest by September 3rd. The interviews will be held on the 4th & 5th September and the decision should be communicated by 8th of September. For any further questions, please reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education in Communication, Marketing, English, Economics, Business, or related social science at the university level
- Interest and commitment to the oikos vision and mission
- Motivation to learn and grow, professionally and personally
- Teamwork spirit and flexibility to contribute in different task domains
- Desire to work with students, university representatives and other stakeholders.
- Ability to identify and understand different international student community needs
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken. Other languages a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of sustainability, with focus on leadership.
- Ability to anticipate needs, solve problems in a collaborative environment and sensitivity to deadlines
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Experience with the organization of events and workshops related to Sustainability and Leadership
- Knowledge on how to work with Google drive, Zoom and other IT tools.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Working closely with the NexGenLead organizing team
- Attending weekly oikos International and NexGenLead team meetings
- Taking over the implementing of the communication strategy with the NexGenLead team;
- Identify and resolve any issues with promotional content;
- Maintaining close contact with oikos members, student communities, with oikos and swissnex networks.
- Foster the partners to organize local hubs hosting the NexGenLead;
- Managing and maintaining all the relevant contacts and communication with key partners and stakeholders (Rethinking Economics, Exploring Economics, Sustainability Week, Universities)
- Manage NexGenLead social Media and online presence
- Drafting communication texts, for the newsletter and the website
- Keeping updated the participants information on the CRM
- Assess and report on the effectiveness of communication strategies
Learnings and advantages
- Learning about the day-to-day working of an international organization
- Insights about the global opportunities and challenges of international NGOs
- Working in a multicultural, international team
- Gaining experience in working remotely in a virtual office
- Developing new skills and competences in a supportive environment
- Growing your network among international student organizations and universities