oikos Call for volunteer for Case Program
- Independent, flexible, engaged and curious about what it is like to work for and with students from all over the world?
- Eager to get international experience and contribute to curriculum change all around the globe?
Join the oikos International Team to become the oikos Case Program Manager.
The oikos Case Program encourages the writing of high-quality cases on sustainability topics that can stimulate innovative teaching and learning experiences in the classroom. The program aims at giving students the possibility to work together on real life cases, while developing innovative teaching material that can be a first step towards embedding sustainability into curricula. Next to an annual competition, which has been recently reviewed and will take new shapes this year, there is a resource base with free access to all cases from over 10 years of running the program.
Time: 10h a week
Responsibilities include the following:
- Finalizing the project development, incl. managing a potential partnership with the Fair Trade Organization, setting up an evaluation process (preparing evaluation forms for jury members)
- Coordination of student teams, including all steps from application, clustering to administrative support in further steps
- Coordinating the case submissions for the case writing competition: confirming the receipt of case submissions, checking if submitted cases meet the requirements listed in the call for cases, answering questions of the case authors.
- Coordinating with the jury members reviewing the case submission: inviting faculty members and students to become a jury member, providing information about the evaluation process, dividing cases for review, setting and following-up on evaluation deadlines.
- Summarizing and communicating the results of the evaluation process.
- Supporting Communications Manager by providing information on Case Writing Competition to be published in oikos communication channels.
- Management & redesign of the case collection website & database: Communicating with the users of theCase Collection: sending the full case and teaching notes to cases if requested. We are currently redesigning our website & the case collection would need an updated process, as well.
- Master students or recent graduates, and PhD students of any field.
- Fluency in English and experience in project management is required
- Interest in oikos and the Positive Impact Rating Association vision and mission
- Ability to work on concurrent projects and activities with patience and integrity
- Ability to work autonomously in an self-organizing environment
- Ability to anticipate needs, solve problems in a collaborative environment and sensitivity to deadlines
- Ability to protect confidential and sensitive information of the organization
- Interpersonal communication with people from different cultural contexts
- The position is remote.
- Volunteer position
- The person is expected to join our team beginning of February
- The person should be interested in maintaining the position for at least one year.
Your value and learnings
- Learning about the day-to-day work of an international organization
- Insights about the global opportunities and challenges of international NGOs
- Working in a multicultural, international team that puts a high value on walking the talk and innovating ways of working
- Being granted full responsibility for a project with over 10 years history
- Becoming part of a network of student change agents & alumni, all working for a more just & sustainable tomorrow
- Experience in working remotely in a virtual office