Oct - Dec
22 - 03
oikos Academy Fall 2015Education, Entrepreneurship
//the_tags(' '); ?>
"21. century will be the era of responsibility, or it won't exist"
oikos Academy is the course of 6 open sessions, all devoted to the different aspects of the highlight of the academy - Sustainability and entrepreneurship. Course takes place almost every Thursday at University of Economics in Prague.
This is the very first oikos Academy that is held by oikos Prague chapter. We have invited speakers from the various sectors and organizations as well as interesting individuals: Environment center in Charles University in Prague, Lifefood, Glopolis, UN office in Prague, SKANSKA, Association of social responsibility, Impact hub - Social Impact Award, Pragulic, Bezobalu , Ironing Ladies, Czechitas.
Why this topic?
Entrepreneurship is believed to help improvements for individuals as well as overall socio-economic environment all over the world. It creates workplaces, contributes to the public wealth and prosperity, mildens the conflicts and softens the social interactions. It is our honour to support entrepreneurial spirit and inspire the audience and call to action.
Prague oikos Academy Fall 2015 intends to give different perspectives on entrepreneurship:
• Sustainable development goals, Global compact 2015 and its meaning for business. Is it the time for global changes? (open session with Michal Broža from UNIC Prague)
• CSR and it's role in achieving sustainability. Modern trends and opportunities. - How business can be prepared for the changes in future (open session with Lucie Mádlová, Association of social responsibility)
• What does sustainable enterprise mean and how can it function (open session with Dana Kapitulčinová and workshop with Lifefood)
• Why sustainability concept is so important for the corporate world (open session and workshop with Karel Fronk from SKANSKA)
• CSR vs corporate honesty, how it affects the state? Research about tax avoidance and its results conducted by Glopolis (open session)
• How does the social business really work, what are their problems and challenges (panel discussion with founders and managers of Ironing Ladies, Czechitas, Bezobalu, Pragulic; moderator Hana Kavánková from Social Impact Award)
Participants that will attend at least 4 events, will be awarded certificates.
Participation is free of charge.
All lectures will be held in RB 211 from 19:45. Check out the program for more details.