Why do a board year at oikos?15 April 2016 | Chapter-News
oikos Rotterdam is currently looking for board members for the academic year 2016-2017. Being on the board of a young organization with a clear mission has a number of benefits compared to larger and more established organizations and here are a few of them:
- - Shape the future and determine the success of a young organization
- - Improve your project management skills
- - Initiate new projects and committees
- - Gain leadership experience
- - Improve your online marketing skills
- - Be inspired by innovative and sustainable business practices
- - Learn more about sustainable business practices
- - Engage your fellow students on leadership topics related to sustainability
- - Gain career building skills and enhance your CV
- - Meet amazing people
- - Contribute to a more sustainable future
Ideal candidates are students with an interest in leadership in sustainability. Since the Rotterdam chapter is a very young organisation, oikos is looking for students who are not afraid of taking initiative and want to have an active role in shaping the organization’s future. Ideal candidates have initiative and drive, leadership skills and a vision compatible with oikos International. The positions are not textbook roles, where all tasks are spelled out, but you will be able to influence your responsibilities and initiate projects.
As a chapter of oikos international, the Rotterdam members have access to many resources the International organization provides. As a board member you will be able to represent Rotterdam at international events that oikos organises (where over 40 chapters from around the world come together). The umbrella organization also provides useful material and ideas to support Rotterdam events and projects and a supportive network of other chapters and alumni.
So, are you interested to drive for sustainability in business? Do you want to learn and allow your fellow students to learn more on the subject; shape the future of a young student organisation, and be part of a large international organisation? Then oikos Rotterdam is the place for you!
Apply by sending your CV and motivation letter to before 1 May.