Why the oikos Summer School?
The International Summer School on Social Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation is a 9-day event for international and Georgian participants. Through various lectures, workshops, field trips and more, participants will acquire knowledge on the topic, which they will then apply within their team projects, business cases and all other profit or non-for profit activities.
The Summer School 2015 will take place in the beautiful Mestia, Georgia. (29 AUG – 06 SEP, 2015)
Goals of the Summer School
- Raise youth awareness on social entrepreneurship and social innovation by bringing Georgian youth together with international youth;
- Share social entrepreneurship experiences based on sustainable and innovative ideas;
- Analyse the business and legal environment for social entrepreneurship with focus on developing countries;
- Identify barriers of social entrepreneurship development and work on recommendations;
- Enable youth, especially from from Svaneti, to develop their business plan to develop the area.
To reach the above-mentioned goals the program offers a broad variety of activities. During interactive lectures lead by international and local experts, participants will have the opportunity to ask questions, discuss and compare the newly acquired knowledge to the situation in their home countries.
By attending this summer school the will participants develop a broader understanding of social entrepreneurship, social innovation and their specifics in emerging markets. They will acquire theoretical and practical knowledge about the role of social entrepreneurship for sustainable development.
Georgia is one of the most unique cultural highways due to its geographic and political location. It has a rich culture in food, festivals, art and wine. The summer school would not just be an academic monotone, but it will involve longdrives and stopovers on this multilayered multicultural historical tradition and culture.