CEE MEETING 201804 October 2018 | Chapter News, Projects, Uncategorized
The 7th edition of CEE Meeting 2018 (Regional Meeting of Central and Eastern Europe) was held in September 2018 at the Warsaw School of Economics. The conference topic: "Sustainable leadership: Challenges related to environmental protection". CEE Meeting gathered over 30 students from Poland, Denmark, Germany, Austria, Italy, Georgia, Russia, the Czech Republic and Azerbaijan to discuss challenges related to contemporary environmental protection and provide young leaders with sufficient knowledge and skills to cope with these challenges.
The conference program was divided into two parts:
- substantive content: lectures and workshops with companies cooperating with oikos Warsaw
- free time: common sightseeing of Warsaw, integration, departure to the club and the Palace of Culture and Science
Six companies cooperated within oikos Warsaw during the project:
- Buy Responsibly Foundation,
- Institute of Global Responsibility,
- Polish Association Zero Waste,
- Institute for eco-development,
- Responsible Business Forum,
- Warsaw Stock Exchange.
The topics of the meetings concerned responsible development, the "zero waste" lifestyle, how electronics affects everyday human life, socially responsible investment, sustainable fashion and consumption.
Project coordinator: Dorota Stefańska