Dr. Marshall Goldsmith, world renowned business educator and coach, led the last LEAP Advanced webinar that focused on the topic of Creating Behavior that Lasts.
Marshall engaged LEAP Advanced participants with his wit and lighthearted demeanor. But he also warned the webinar attendees: everything he was going to say would be easy to grasp, but a lot harder to accomplish. “Our challenge in life is not understanding, our challenge is doing” – noted Dr. Marshall.
He spoke about challenges successful leaders face and urged LEAP Advanced millenials to ask, listen, think, thank, respond, involve, change, and follow up in order to become better leaders and coaches. Dr. Marshall emphasized that coach’s efforts were just as good as the person’s willingness to change and become better.
As the webinar came to an end, Marshall shared his advice with the youth:
- Life is short, have fun!
- Do whatever you can do to help people
- Go for it: we do not regret the risk we take and fail, we regret the risk we failed to take
A thought from the webinar
Marshall shared 6 questions that make difference every day:
Did I do my best to set my goals? to make progress towards achieving my goals? To find meaning in what I am doing? to be happy? to build positive relationships? And to be fully engaged?
About the Speaker
Marshall’s professional acknowledgments include:
- Harvard Business Review and Best Practices Institute – World’s #1 Leadership Thinker,
- Global Gurus, INC and Fast Company magazines – World’s #1 Executive Coach,
- Institute for Management Studies – Lifetime Achievement Award for Excellence in Teaching,
- American Management Association – 50 great thinkers and leaders who have influenced the field of management over the past 80 years,
- BusinessWeek – 50 great leaders in America,
- Wall Street Journal – top ten executive educators, Economist (UK) – most credible executive advisors in the new era of business,
- National Academy of Human Resources – Fellow of the Academy (America’s top HR award),
- World HRD Congress (India) – global leader in HR thinking.
His work has been recognized by almost every professional organization in his field.
Look at his biography here: http://www.marshallgoldsmith.com/about/