We are looking for an avid writer and sustainability-driven person to join the oikos International Management Team as a Communications Manager.
Responsibilities include management of the following:
- Program and Event Communication: Ensuring that all the important information about oikos programs, events, and processes is streamlined effectively to all target groups. This includes preparing blogs, articles and sometimes reports about oikos activities.
- Outreach: Taking the lead on (re)presenting oikos in media and contributing to journal articles or books on behalf of oikos.
- oikos Newsletter, Website, and Social Media: Preparing, editing and sending out the oikos monthly newsletter, updating the oikos social media and website, including uploading and proofreading new materials.
- Grant Proposals: Assisting the oikos management team in the preparation of grant proposals, contributing to writing, working on communications and dissemination parts of the proposals, proofreading them, etc.
- Visual Materials: Preparing infographics and posters for the oikos social media, website, and events, formatting reports, guides, booklets, designing banners, etc.
- oikos Visual Identity: Ensuring that the oikos visual identity is consistent in all communications and that oikos chapters use proper oikos typography, graphic identity, and logos.
- Chapter support: Showcasing oikos chapter activities on the oikos social media and website, responding to communication-related chapter requests.
- Communications Working Group: Contributing to the WG and supporting the oikos VP of Marketing.
- Operations: monitoring different oikos emails and other ad hoc tasks such as researching information, coordinating with other team members, etc.
- A student or recent graduate of media studies, marketing, economics, international relations or related discipline.
- Excellent command of the English language is required, knowledge of German or French is an asset, but not required.
- Writing experience in English is required.
- Working knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, or Photoshop is an asset, but not required. Willingness to become familiar with infographic applications used by oikos is required.
- Good command of Office Suite and familiarity with G-drive is a merit.
- Interest and commitment to the oikos vision and mission
- Ability to work on concurrent projects and activities with patience and integrity
- Ability to anticipate needs, solve problems in a collaborative environment and sensitivity to deadlines
- Ability to protect confidential and sensitive information of the organization
- Independent, flexible, and resourceful
- The position is part-time and remote. The communications manager is expected to be based in Europe and/or work according to the CET hours.
- Salary is fixed – 1000 CHF for a 50% employment rate, which is 21 hours a week.
- The person is expected to join our team at the beginning of January.
- The person should be interested to maintain the position for at least one year. There might also be a possibility of full-time employment in the future.
Learnings and advantages
- Learning about the day-to-day working of an international organization
- Insights about the global opportunities and challenges of international NGOs
- Working in a multicultural, international team
- Gaining experience in working remotely in a virtual office
- Reimbursement of travel and participation at international oikos events, such as FutureLab and Spring Meeting.
If you are interested in the position, please, send us your CV (max. 2 pages), cover letter, and a writing sample by 10th November 2019.
The cover letter should outline why you want to take up the position and what makes you a suitable candidate. The writing sample could be any published or unpublished work (750-1000 words), such as article, blog, or opinion piece.
Selected candidates will be invited to take an exam on 14th November. The finalists will be invited to an interview. We will make the final decision by the end of November.