It’s that time of the year! We are looking for motivated and passionate individuals who would like to organize the biggest event in the annual oikos calendar – the oikos FutureLab. The FutureLab is a 2-day platform for the oikos community to be inspired and discover and develop joint perspectives on the future of sustainability in management and economics. It is intended as a catalyst for projects and collaborations in the oikos network. The conference is to be held at the end of October or beginning of November 2016.
As member of the oikos FutureLab Team you will have the opportunity to:
- Design, develop and implement the concept of the oikos FutureLab 2016;
- Organize an international conference in a highly international team;
- Acquire leadership and management skills
- Engage with the oikos community and support its development.
The team will together develop the concept of the conference in 2016 and its members will work on tasks according to their areas of interest, such as, program, logistics, marketing and fundraising. You will be responsible for one of those focus areas, but you won’t be alone, since we foster a very collaborative environment.
- 1-year commitment: February 2016 to February 2017
Meetings (virtually and/or onsite, depending on the budget):
- We generally have monthly calls and, as we get closer to the conference, weekly calls.
- Handover and Planning Meeting (in March: before/after the Spring Meeting in Lille, France)
- One intense week preparing and implementing the conference (end-October or beginning of November 2016)
- Reflection and handover days after the conference (to be defined with the team)
- Passionate about the oikos community and its mission;
- Available and committed for a 1-year commitment;
- Open to a very virtual team environment;
More information about the FutureLab: https://oikos-international.org/futurelab/.
Check out the experience of the FutureLab team 2015 here: https://oikos-international.org/news/in-the-eyes-of-the-futurelab-team-2015/
Please send us your CV and motivation letter by January 17, 2016 to email@example.com.
The timeline following this deadline is as follows:
Jan 20, 2016: Invitation for interviews
Jan 21 – Feb 5, 2016: Interviews (Conference Call)
Feb 8, 2016: Selection and notification
Feb 10, 2016: Start
The oikos FutureLab team 2015 will be responsible for the selection and handover of the new team.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!