Microplastics has become a very relevant topic in recent years as it can have a massive environmental impact. That is why oikos Bayreuth, Global Brigades, and GHG came together to organizing a lecture on this topic to celebrate the Climate Week.
The speaker will be Sarah Piehl, Ph.D student, whose research focus is the contamination of the environment with microplastics and the associated effects on organisms and ecosystems.
The topics covered include:
– plastic production – improper disposal – emergence of microplastics
– Occurrence of microplastic in the environment
– Effects of microplastics on organisms, ecosystems
– Problem solving strategies
– Current state of research
Learn more here