Application Deadline: 31st of August 2020 (however, we will move forward in the process with the first relevant application)
Starting Date: 9th of September 2020
Commitment: around 10h/week from September to December 2020 (possible prolongation)
Location: Remote, or onsite in Geneva or in St. Gallen, Switzerland
We are looking for an independent, flexible and resourceful person who is eager to get international experience working virtually, by helping to ensure the organization and running of the oikos International – swissnex Brazil flagship event 2020: NexGenLead.
The NexGenLead is a 3-week global virtual program in November 2020 aiming to facilitate a worldwide virtual community of students to dialogue on Leadership & Sustainability. You can find here a detailed project proposal.
If you are interested in one of the following volunteer positions, send us your CV (max. 2 pages) and an example of a work you’ve done related to the position or/and any material presenting your motivation. Please, email the required documents to email@example.com with a subject line “Application for NexGenLead volunteer position X”.
The candidates selected for an online interview will be contacted at the latest by September 3rd. The interviews will be held on the 4th & 5th September and the decision should be communicated by 8th of September. For any further questions, please reach out to us via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Education in Education, Behavioral Sciences, or related social science at the university level
- Interest and commitment to the oikos vision and mission
- Motivation to learn and grow, professionally and personally
- Teamwork spirit and flexibility to contribute in different task domains
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken. Other languages a plus.
- Ability to anticipate needs, solve problems in a collaborative, multicultural environment and sensitivity to deadlines
- Communication competencies – ability to engage in constructive conversation with various stakeholders (students, academia, public and private sector representatives)
- Knowledge and understanding of sustainability, with focus on leadership.
- Experience in developing educational activities in formal or non-formal education
- Evidence of coaching, training or teaching, delivered in both group and 1:1 settings
- Knowledge on how to work with Google drive, Zoom and other IT tools.
- Knowledge or interest in exploring other web conferencing software, Learning Platform or course management system (CMS) a plus.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Working closely with the NexGenLead organizing team
- Attending weekly oikos International and NexGenLead team meetings
- Actively participate in the development of the NexGenLead program
- Imagining ways of making the NexGenLead hearty and interactive (open-space workshops, and peer-to-peer discussions, energizers, icebreakers);
- Establish an emotionally safe environment based on mutual respect, warmth, fairness and strong relationships amongst all.
- Collecting feedback about the feasibility and impact of the activities
- Maintaining close contact with oikos members working on curriculum change at the International and local level.
- Organisational support and facilitation of NexGenLead co-creation phase, moderation of the forum, creation of activities related to education for sustainability
- Co-Facilitating a weekly NexGenLead community call to support the program implementation.
- Making tutorials presenting the different activities of the program, list the material needed to get the most out of the experience.
- Creating a platform and collecting helpful documents to enrich participants’ learning experience (Speakers Bios; Documents about partners)
- Organize the content sent by the participants in the website (videos, interviews, texts)
- Facilitate the interactions during the 3-weeks program;
Learnings and advantages
- Learning about the day-to-day working of an international organization
- Insights about the global opportunities and challenges of international NGOs
- Working in a multicultural, international team
- Gaining experience in working remotely in a virtual office
- Developing new skills and competences in a supportive environment
- Growing your network among international student organizations and universities