A swissnex Brazil and oikos International partnership
NexGenLead is a 3-week program in November 2020 aiming to facilitate a worldwide virtual community of students to dialogue on Leadership & Sustainability. While exchanging different local perspectives on those matters, students will become better equipped to identify future sustainability challenges and the competencies needed to solve them. At the end of the program, they will have the fundamental knowledge, vision, will and tools to create their curriculum for leadership & sustainability.
The official website is under construction
oikos International is a student-led non-profit organization for sustainability in economics and management education. Founded in 1987 in Switzerland, it empowers student change agents worldwide to embed sustainability in academia and from there into day-to-day personal and work life. Nowadays, it encompasses 43 local associations in 20 countries, which share their different local perspectives on today’s world and the future in terms of education and sustainability.
This organization focuses its work on the empowerment of young leaders, prepared for the challenges of the 21st century. To achieve this, it organizes leadership and personal development programs, establishes collaborations with universities and student movements, and fosters dialogue and debate within its community.
In a similar way, swissnex Brazil (an initiative of the Swiss State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation) aims to facilitate international collaborations with Switzerland in the areas of academic relations, science, entrepreneurship, art and innovation. It is a public-private enterprise, part of a network of outposts in Bangalore, Boston, Shanghai and San Francisco.
Its activities include programs and events that aim to connect experts to reflect on the most important swiss and brazilian innovations, while disseminating this knowledge to the general public. It also offers support to ignite new partnerships and spread the best technological ideas of both countries.
With both organizations having global and diverse communities, and the goal of creating cross-cultural dialogues, it became evident that they could complement each other; while swissnex helps to understand the latest innovations and promotes new collaborations, oikos empowers change agents students to deal with the effects of innovations and of social, environmental & economical changes. With this synergy, outside knowledge connects to inside development
This partnership translates into different projects, which are being carried out by Marcelo Veloso, as a “Leadership & Sustainability Fellow”, working with the two teams, in St. Gallen and Rio, during the year 2020.
Our first major project is the organization of a worldwide virtual conference on Leadership & Sustainability, for 3 weeks, in November 2020. This conference aims to provide students worldwide a platform for sharing and debating about the challenges of the 21st century and to offer tools to address them. We are looking for partners to integrate this program into the academic curriculum or to use it partially within the academic community. If you are interested to be part of the organizing team or to partner with us, please send an email.
Simultaneously, other projects are being pursued to bring together academics from Switzerland and Brazil. Through webinars and discussion groups, the fellow will collect different perspectives and practices in education for sustainability in both countries, especially in curricula related to economics, management and administration. The results will be presented to the community as well as to partner universities. The ultimate goal is to encourage students and faculties to take these learnings to their universities so that they can integrate diverse perspectives on sustainability and empower students with leadership skills, enabling them to respond to global challenges.
With this partnership, swissnex Brazil and oikos International hope not only to promote Innovation, but also to be a source of innovation. By hosting a student project, we will participate in the development of unusual learning and working methods, in addition to best practices in education and virtual mobility, which can both contribute to social and environmental sustainability.
Do you want to develop and apply your knowledge on leadership, while empowering other changemakers worldwide?
Here is the challenge: to organize a three-weeks Global Virtual Conference, providing a hearty experience and diverse perspectives on Leadership and Sustainability!
This program aims to empower people, to be inclusive and to gather different perspectives for a sustainable future: your exceptional background and vision will be an essential contribution to achieve those goals.
Join us and collaborate in a multicultural team, building together new mindsets and skills for climate action. As a changemaker, you already have the skills required to join the team: you are motivated, committed and you learn by doing.
By joining this project, you commit to participate in our virtual calls 1 hour per week.
In the meantime, ponder joining the core team in one of the following roles or missions:
- Defining the topics of the virtual conference;
- Finding speakers (academics, students, professionals, coaches);
- Defining the type of activities (webinar, panel discussions, side-events, live interactive workshops, live interviews with Q&As, reflections/learning sessions);
- Designing the program (time; order of speakers, knowledge requirement).
- Setting the communication strategy;
- Design the conference visual identity (logo, images, format of the website);
- Building the website;
- Drafting communication texts.
- Finding key partners to reach out, share the information;
- Find partners to organize local hub hosting the conference;
- Creating a platform and collecting helpful documents to enrich participants’ learning experience(Speakers Bios; Documents about partners)
- Imagining ways of making the conference hearty, interactive (open-space workshops, and peer-to-peer discussions, energizers, icebreakers);
- Facilitate the interactions during the conference.
- Providing support for participants and speakers to access the virtual conference;
- Make a tutorial presenting the different tools available during the conferences, list the material needed to have a good experience, explain the type of activities;
- Master Zoom and be ready to provide support in case of technical problems;
- Leading test sessions;
- Recording the event and chat notes;
- Orchestrate all the creative elements (presentations, music, video, graphics, etc);
- Split the participants during the event into different virtual rooms.
- Manage registrations;
- Answer participants’ questions.
- Collect the main requirements of a MOOC creation;
- Set the criteria needed for the conference to be converted into a MOOC;
- Skills on a video editing program to create the MOOC.
(We want to use the virtual conference to generate and test content, methodology and probably to create a MOOC or other online educational resource)
- Create the tools to analyze the impact of the events (survey, individual calls);
- Analyze the results of the collected data.