oikos is an international, student-led non-profit organization promoting sustainability in economics and management.
oikos was founded in 1987 in Switzerland and is still empowering student change agents worldwide to drive change towards sustainability in the curriculum and in daily life.
The heart of our organization are the student change agents in our local subgroups, with over 50 universities chapter spread around the globe! They are supported by a wide network of alumni, advisors, faculties, and partners, as well as an international team based in Switzerland. Providing platforms for learning, creating and sharing solutions, oikos builds and empowers the community to solve the challenges of the 21st century.
With our different programs, we aim to transform teaching and research and to equip our members with the necessary tools to become today and tomorrow’s responsible leaders.
- To transform economics and management education by empowering student change agents, raising awareness for sustainability opportunities and challenges, and building institutional support for curriculum reform.
- Economics and management education purposed for a sustainable world.
Help us transform education around the globe to focus more on the topic of sustainability. There are so many ways we can make an impact.
- Local & International Events – Learn about our chapters events. Consider attending and watch for other ways you can support them.
- oikos International Chapters – You can build your skills, make an impact and join a network of like-minded people while making a positive difference in the world.
- Programs & Fellowships – Dive deeper into the topics of sustainability and curriculum change by participating in our programs and fellowships.
- Join Our Team – As a student-led non-profit there are always opportunities to join our team.